Wood Buffalo Regional Library is happy to offer the following services to educators
Educator Library Card
- Educator library cards are free and created for classroom use and teaching support.
- Educator library cards do not accrue extended use fees, excluding ILL's (inter-library loans), which will accrue 20 cents per item per day.
- $50 forgiven for lost materials. Charges over $50 accrued per school year are the responsibility of the card holder.
- Educators can apply for an Educator membership by email email@example.com, or by visiting our Circulation Services Desk to pick up an application package. The application requires the form to be signed by the school principal, therefore Educator cards cannot be issued immediately at the Circulation Services Desk. Complete forms should be scanned and sent into firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your new Educator card is ready we will courier it right to your school.
- Northlands School Division No. 61 and Centre-Nord can see the WBRL representative during visits to your school.
- Limited to teachers, principals, vice-principals, and school library staff employed at Centre-Nord, FMPSD, FMCSD, Northland School Division No. 61, Keyano College, and other educational institutions including homeschools and daycares.
- WBRL reserves the right to limit the number of materials borrowed on a particular subject.
In effort to promote literacy and enjoyment in learning and reading, we offer school visits to all age groups and class types.
School visits can include story time, interactive activities, as well as tutorials of Library materials, databases and resources, such as Solaro, Pronunciator, Career Cruising and Overdrive.
Sessions can be arranged to suit the need of the classroom or teacher.
To book a school visit please contact email@example.com.
Tours can be tailored to suit the interests and variety of ages, grades, or groups.
Types of Tours
Mini-Tour: Timeframe: 20-30 minutes
Includes: Read-aloud, Tour of the Library, Active Learning Experience
Full Tour: Timeframe: 45-60 minutes
Includes: In-depth Tour of the Library, Read-aloud, Active Learning Experience, Take-Away Craft, Scavenger Hunt
To book a tour please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Place a Classroom Collection Order
The WBRL offers materials for learning and literacy support. Orders may include specific titles or authors of materials, or requests for general subjects pertaining to a certain age group or reading level.
Items requested are available for pickup at the Library or for delivery to your school via the Library Courier. Please allow up to a two week period for any requests to be completed by staff and delivered via Library Courier.
Materials may be returned to the Library, any of the drop-off locations, or via the Library Courier. Returns via the Library Courier must be scheduled a minimum of five business days prior to the desired retrieval date.
For Classroom Collection Orders and Request Form as well as Library Courier deliveries and retrievals, please email email@example.com. You can also download the form here. You'll find some helpful instructions here.
*The Classroom Collection Orders service is limited to those with Teacher Library Cards.
Suggest a Book or Other Items
Educators are invited to suggest materials to add to our collection that would support your teaching and students' learning via the online form found in the 'More' menu.
Click here for more information on school services. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-743-7800.