For information about Outreach Services within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, contact:
For Rural Services: Sheri Anthony: 780-792-5149
For Books by Mail: Angela Gallant: 780-792-5137
Our Homebound Delivery Service is designed to offer our materials delivered to Fort McMurray residents with a disability or medical condition that prevents them from visiting our facility.
- No extended use fees for overdue items
- Extended loan periods
- Access to our whole collection including, but not limited: audiobooks (CNIB, CELA), large print books, and more!
- Hold requests and interlibrary loans are included
To sign up for this service, please contact us at email@example.com or call 780-743-7800 and ask to speak to the Homebound Coordinator.
Books by Mail
At this time we are excited to offer Books by Mail to Fort Chipewyan residents. Sign up for your free library membership here at the library, or at the RMWB contact office in Fort Chipewyan. With your FREE membership you'll have instant access to all of our online resources. You can also make requests for your favourite books, DVDs, and CDs to be shipped directly to you in Fort Chipewyan.
- Once your book is ready at the library, you will get an email.
- Your items will be delivered to the Municipal office via courier.
- The Fort Chipewyan Municipal Office will give you a call, letting you know your items are ready.
- Your item will be held at the Fort Chipewyan Municipal Office for 7 days.
- Keep all original packaging and paperwork with the courier bag your items came in.
- You now have your items for 6 weeks.
- Repackage the items before returning.
- Return the item to the Municipal Office in the original packaging.
- Need to renew?
- Check your account : wbrl.ca
- Call us: 780-743-7800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time we only offer the Books by Mail service to residents of Fort Chipewyan, but we are looking to offer this to other rural communities in the future.
In addition to Fort McMurray's urban center, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo consists of 10 small rural communities:
- Fort Chipewyan
- Fort Fitzgerald
- Fort MacKay
- Gregoire Lake Estates
- Mariana Lake
- Saprae Creek Estates
To find out more about each community please visit the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo webpage.