Use of The PlayStation4 (PS4) game system may be pre-booked based on the stipulations below. Individuals may make same day bookings on a walk in basis when available. (starting May 10)
- Book the PS4 by visiting the Second Floor Reference Desk. At this time we cannot take bookings over the phone or by email.
What you need
- A FREE library membership! Don't have one? You can sign up downstairs at the Circulation Services Desk.
- For an organization or club, the booking must specify the organization name and purpose and a contact person with an active library membership who will be responsible for the booking.
- The PS4 is available from 1:00-8:30pm on weekdays and 1:00pm-4:00pm on weekends.
- Maximum of 2 hours daily per person or group depending on availability. Groups may not book multiple sessions under different names to extend the daily booking allowance past 2 hours.
- Maximum of 1 booking per day per person or group.
- You can have up to 2 active bookings at a time
- You can book up to one month in advance
- The PS4 will be unavailable during Exam Cram or Library programs/events.
- Bookings made solely on a first come, first serve basis. No wait list available.
- PS4 use follows the guidelines of the CNRL Teen Area: The CNRL Teen Area is the designated chatty zones for teens (13-18) from 3-9pm on weekdays and all day on weekends. While the YA collection is available for browsing, we do recommend adults lounge and study in other areas of the library during this time.
When you get here
- Arrive within the first 15 minutes of booking. After 15 minutes, the booking will be cancelled, unless staff (780-743-7073) have been notified in advance of a late arrival.
- The PS4 must be occupied for the entire length of the reservation. Leaving the CNRL Teen Area unattended more than 15 minutes will forfeit the reservation. Staff will remove game controllers and cancel the remainder of the booking.
- Notify staff in person of early departure.
- The second floor of the library is a designated study zone. Please enter and exit the Teen Rooms quietly.
- Playstation games rated G/E/Teen are acceptable – no Mature audience or Adult games will be permitted.
- Games used in the PS4 must be property of the library – no personally owned games will be permitted.
- Notify staff by phone (780-743-7073) or in person to cancel a booking.
- Multiple no-shows may result in the cancellation of future bookings at the discretion of the Reference Services manager.